Saturday, January 16, 2010

Monitoring

Aren't we all being monitored in some way?  Isn't this little exercise of mine 'monitoring' my progress or lack there of in 3 areas of my life?  Don't we monitor the lights being on or how much we eat or who our children are being influenced by?  Don't we all monitor, hopefully and sometimes very unsuccessfully, our brain to mouth connections?


Body - 4 hours in a Cardiologist's suit is not my idea of fun.  However, Stacy Davis comforts me in so many ways that I did it without complaint.  She reminds me of my friend Christina 'from california' in her mannerisms, her smile, her work ethic, her endearing geekiness, her laughter, and even her height.  My La Petite Napolean (that's what I called her in France because she was exceptionally talented at directing us in the right direction).   There she is in France with my God Daughter this past Summer.  Julia, my eldest spent two and a half weeks there (I got 7 glorious days/3 in Paris)
Back to Dr. Stacy.  She is one talented lady and I know A LOT of doctors, personally.  In fact, way too personally it would seem.    

She has me on a lovely heart monitor for a month. And I'm not talking about the goofy watch thing that you get at Walmart. I'm talking about the sticky things that attached by super glue that you hook things into with wires and I have what looks like a very bad pager hooked to the top of my pants.   I get to squeeze this button if I am having any wonkiness in my chest, which is what started all of this.  I understand dogs and cats don't like this sound. Now I know why. I've heard it. It would give a grown man a tic.


 I'm looking forward to setting it off when my neighbors cat tries to pee on my car again.  I shall have my camera in hand too.  HAHAHAAH.  Sorry. I hate that cat.  I hope it loses one of it's nine lives.   I also think it would come in handy at the grocery store when a child pulls one of the 'freak out, lay on the floor, scream so loud it will peel wallpaper and the parents are ignoring the entire thing.  Just push the button.  I feel an evil power coming with this.

Also found out you can't get it wet or guess what?!  It will shock you. ZZZZAP!  No, really?  I might have to wear super absorbent clothing while drinking my red wine or around my friends that drink red wine.  If you see me and I look a bit puffy up top, it's the 4 layers of shirts I have on with wicking.  I'm not getting fat.

Art - I've sketched out the newest painting and have it at the ready to paint.  Both children are at various basketball games and Jim has to work, so I am listening to gorgeous classical guitar, drinking ginger water and about to let all my emotions flow onto the canvas.  Or as Jeff says "the slaughtering of the sheep".  He still can't get over my first painting.  He really feels it looked a bit morbid.  I say "that tells me more about YOU than me."

The news about the Columbus show has inspired me so.  I can't wait.  But I want another one in the interim.  Greedy gal that I am.  It's the monitor...making me a bit.... more.....e v i l.  I threw the more in there for those of you who know me.

Getting together with my children's book author on Tuesday!  And my textiles manufacturing lady on Thursday.


And lastly about Art, it is my redhead's birthday this coming Friday.  She will be 11.  ELEVEN!  My petite enfant.  My little one. My snuggly buggly.  Look at her!  That was from Kindergarten.  It was actually the first picture I took with our new camera.  I'm going to paint some more on her walls as a gift along with the camera she so desperately wants.  Nothing fancy pants but digital.  Some would say that's a weird gift, but hey! I believe you should give what you know, not what you can necessarily purchase.

Soul - Well, it's better.  It's tired. It's sore. It's better.  Haven't told the parents yet about the heart situation.  Found out my grandmother fell and broke her arm (she is 94) and is now in rehab. Not AA rehab, but you get the picture.  And my brother in law sent my Dad an email asking for days to get together with the kids to discuss him and my step mother along with their health.  Now that Haiti has been hit so hard, I have a feeling that it will be a while.  He has worked with Haiti for YEARS with Food for the Poor. It breaks my heart for those souls there.

And not to give kuddos to the news agencies, but my father knows those people.  They truly are full of hope when all else is literally crumbling around them.  When they are putting dirt in their 'stew' for supper. They have a beautiful peace about them that my father says you can just feel.  So when I saw them singing in the rubble, while looking for the dead, the injured, the lost, I cried.


There too adds to the hope.  I will be 'monitoring' their heartache from afar, but it effects me none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment