Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pressure Light is ON

I've had one of the best days, accidentally and purposefully surrounded by good friends, old friends and new friends.  Blathering out everything that is going on in my life right now and listening to what's up in theirs.  Loved that.  At coffee shops as if we were 'people' to be seen.  I was dressed, brushed, cleaned and spiffied up by 8 a.m. and one of my friends nearly fainted.  She's only seen me in a robe or yoga pants yawning in the morning.  Hulloo!!

I had breakfast with one, late lunch with another.  Very different people but great none the less.  I was surprised by how similar our families really are/were; mainly spiritually.   I am delighted that we can laugh about that.  Of course, there really isn't much I can't laugh about.  I inherited that on both sides.  ALL of my family laughs first then says "Oh. Are you OK?"  Stairs seem to be the biggest source of laughter for us.  Mainly because we are attempting to fall down as many as we possibly can in our lifetimes.  It's FUNNY!

I am caffeinated and ready to pack for tomorrow.  Off to play, to do business, see old friends, check out the space for what looks to be a terrific evening in May for my art and to dip my big toe into the textile business.  All of this whilst my light keeps reading "low tire pressure".

I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with dealerships, service warranty people, and jackasses.  But, I got it resolved.  Sometimes you just need to nudge someone towards actually WANTING to find out the information for someone.  Amazing that one.

The conversation went something like this.  "I don't see you in our computers at all.  Sorry. Can't help you. Call the dealership."   "Well, *#@!, why don't you give me the dealership's number since I'm sitting in a carpool line?"  "I'm uh. I don't".  "You are at a computer. Look it up. Internet's pretty good with those things"  then I get the dealership and it goes like this "well, you didn't buy it from our dealership and uh, well, I can't see you until next week."  "Oh..I see. Well, Matt, I will be driving from here to Atlanta, back to Chattanooga, back to Atlanta, to Columbus, back up to Atlanta and then back to Nashville.  I won't be returning until Wednesday. My CHILD will be in the car with me, I apparently don't show up in the service agreement computer and my pressure light is on.  What might you suggest?"

I won't relay the rest, as I might incriminate the guilty.  Suffice it to say, I am now in the computer and I will be getting my oil changed and the tire looked at tomorrow.  Lovely.  I wish I could have had MY pressure taken during all of this.  Maybe not.

But the 'pressure' is still on.  The pressure to do well, to have a good show, to make this textiles thing work, to create more, to donate to the Art de Moore auction, to illustrate 2 of someone else's books and mine AND to see the printing guru.  It's a lot of pressure...... AND I'm hanging it all out there like a bare butt to the wind.

My body is reacting pretty well, although yesterday, after having a scrumptious lunch with my beautiful French friend for her birthday and picking up the children, I simply crashed.  Dead to the world.

I am still losing weight, eating well, need more cucumber water.  The orange water didn't make me happy yesterday. Maybe it was the decadent dessert I had with lunch.  It was worth a weeks' worth of calories.  Some rum chocolate mousse at Firefly's.  I adore that place.  Love the atmosphere; eclectic, arty, funky like me, but their food is just delicious.

But today I'm driven.  Lots to do. Love deadlines.  They are like rules for other people, to me.  They jerk me into focus.  Rules, on the other hand, sort make me want to go the wrong way..... Or had you not noticed.

 My soul has been uplifted by the outpour of good feedback I'm getting about all these endeavors.   And contrary to some of my family members' ideas, one of my great friends said today "Everything about you is spiritual.  How could anyone think otherwise?"  We were just talking about the miracles of every day life that are around us and that all I SEE sometimes is the beauty around me.  Some people just don't.  They need black and white. Rules.  Sinner/Saint.  And when  your life is that rigid, for me, you don't see the everyday beauty in the gift of homemade soup or a bunny hopping across the street or a smile from a complete stranger.  You miss out on so much.

Maybe we should all have 'pressure' gauges.  That way we could see, both in ourselves and others, just where we are at that very moment.  Are we open for the road; pot holes and all or are we slowly leaking or just plain flat?

No comments:

Post a Comment